Solved! Will Wireless earphones/ Type C earphones work if the audio component on motherboard is damaged.

amitinder11

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
Recently I found a silica gel stuck inside my laptop's 3.5mm headphone jack. I tried removing it but couldn't so i tried to break it inside by using a sharp material by applying considerable amount of pressure. I didn't succeed at this but eventually I ended up with no audio output even from the speakers. Now what I could figure out from this was that I might have damaged the audio components on the motherboard by applying pressure from the 3.5mm jack end.
With little options left I donot want a external usb dac as an extra accessory in order to be able to use headphones. Hence my question is that will a Bluetooth headset work in my case or does it have anything to do with the damaged internals. Also consider the option for type c earphones. I need to be sure before buying any of these ( wireless headset/ type c) .
My laptop- Lenovo IdeaPad 320-15ikb

Solution
USB or bluetooth will work independently from the integrated audio chip

also you could replace the audio port (soldering required) or try to bend the contacts inside the audio port to the correct places again

amitinder11

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
USB or bluetooth will work independently from the integrated audio chip

also you could replace the audio port (soldering required) or try to bend the contacts inside the audio port to the correct places again
Considering the fact that now there is no sound output even from the speakers hints towards an internal damage to the sound components on the motherboard or is it just the damaged headphone jack that is causing no sound output from the main speakers .