Win 10 Acer HDMI-TV not Working Anymore

mel2000

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Acer Aspire V5-571P/64-bit. Was able to connect to Sony TV with no problems until I recently updated to Windows 10 from Win 8.1. On Win 10, WinLogo+P displays screen projection options but none of those options connect to my TV as I was able to do before the update.

Downgraded to Win 8.0 Intel VGA driver (v9.17.10.2828) but still was not able to connect. Win 10 did not allow me to install Win 8.1 Intel VGA driver, even in compatibility mode.

Can someone offer tips on what I've overlooked or am doing wrong? Thanks.

Hi,

Do try to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver first.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Intel Graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to Intel Graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver from Intel Support site.
- Here's the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
- Reboot your PC once the latest driver has been installed.
- Press the Windows key + P again then select between Extended or Duplicate Display and press Enter.

mel2000

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Thanks for your reply, Laptop_Nerd. When we previously tried to upgrade the existing Win 10 Intel graphics driver, the OS informed us that the latest driver was already installed. That's why we downgraded to the Win 8 graphics driver. Neither work for HDMI, but I think we're doing something wrong in our implementation.

mel2000

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Sorry for the delayed response. We finally found that the problem was a bad HDMI cable. The old one had been serving us well but decided to crap out coinciding with the upgrade to Windows 10. We substituted the cable and were able to connect without issue.

Laptop_Nerd we really appreciate the effort you put into helping us with the issue and we learned a lot about HDMI connectivity.