Win 10 graphic driver for Acer Aspre 7520

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
Im trying to find a compatible graphics driver for my Aspire 7520-5185 that has an Nvidea 7000-n610M video card. Nvidea site says the drivers they have are not compatible with some laptop drivers(they are not as I tried them). I tried the Vista as well as Win 7 drivers and they appear to load but have no effect and I still do not see the Nvidia card listed in Device Manager, only the default Microsoft driver. I was running Win 8 Pro X64 and the driver 179.48 worked but not with Win 10 Pro X64. Any ideas of where and if Acer will have a compatible driver. I wanted to sell the laptop but cannot until I find a driver that works. I upgraded over the years from Vista. Hopefully I can find my old Windows 7 key and reinstall Win 7 so I can sell it. Thanks.

You should have checked the Acer website before upgrading to Windows 10 - - they do not support Windows 10 on the Aspire 7520 range, which means they haven't released any Windows 10 drivers for it (I just checked to make sure - - there aren't any).

Furthermore, drivers for earlier versions of Windows do not work on Windows 10.

You will have to re-install Windows 7 to make the laptop usable again.

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
I did check the site. It also said they weren't compatible with Windows 8 but a certain version did work. I was hoping same would work with Windows 10. Not a big deal. Just wondering if anyone had any luck. Thanks

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
Found my answer on an Nvidea forum. Here is the solution. Worked perfect.

You won't find any Windows 10 drivers for any of the GeForce 6/7 series mobile GPUs since they are legacy products and driver support was discontinued in 2009. In fact Nvidia never even supported them on Windows 8 so don't expect new drivers for GPUs dating back to 2006.

You can however install the last generic 259.47 WHQL driver (From August 2010) which was provided by Microsoft for Windows 8. Just extract the .cab file and update the driver manually from device manager.

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
I found this reply and answer on Nvidea forums

You won't find any Windows 10 drivers for any of the GeForce 6/7 series mobile GPUs since they are legacy products and driver support was discontinued in 2009. In fact Nvidia never even supported them on Windows 8 so don't expect new drivers for GPUs dating back to 2006.

You can however install the last generic 259.47 WHQL driver (From August 2010) which was provided by Microsoft for Windows 8. Just extract the .cab file and update the driver manually from device manager.