Solved! Win10 Bluetooth speaker cutting out

syco123

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
Worked fine all day yesterday, and for years before that, now today it's cutting out.

It plays music for 3-10 seconds, before it cuts out for a second.

I have a UE Boom2 and a megaboom and it's cutting out on both. I've tried both speakers with my phone and no cut outs. I've tried streaming and playing files on the hard drive, so not a streaming issue.

I read I should try disabling hands free, so have in device manager, and the old control panel "devices and printers". I've checked for an updated driver (it says I have the latest). The bluetooth speaker is set as default.

Any ideas what the issue is being caused by, and how to fix?

It's an Acer Aspire E5-573G-52G3 laptop.

Solution
If you're checking for drivers through Windows, avoid that. Go directly to the vendor/manufacturer of your computer's Bluetooth device (usually the same as the Wi-Fi card/combo card), or check Acer's support page for your model laptop, though their driver might be a bit dated.
If you're checking for drivers through Windows, avoid that. Go directly to the vendor/manufacturer of your computer's Bluetooth device (usually the same as the Wi-Fi card/combo card), or check Acer's support page for your model laptop, though their driver might be a bit dated.

Solution