Winamp opening multiple times on Windows 8.1

86Will

Estimable
Apr 27, 2014
Hi.

On my previous systems (XP/7) Winamp would only ever open 1 window. For example, if you are listening to song A, and you double click song B in a folder, it will end song A and begin to play song B on the same application. However, now on Windows 8.1, when I have a song playing, if I double click a song to play instead it opens in a second instance of Winamp and both songs will play at the same time, in a mixed jumble!

I have been looking around Winamp's options and can't find any obvious solutions. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
its a bug in the current rev. on my pc if you have an elevated (administrator) player open and double click on another song, it opens new window...

check General Preferences/ Allow multiple instances if you are having the issue at normal level

wrathofdragon

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
its a bug in the current rev. on my pc if you have an elevated (administrator) player open and double click on another song, it opens new window...

check General Preferences/ Allow multiple instances if you are having the issue at normal level

Solution