Windows 10 locked drive after mobo upgrade

Nhawk

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
Hi I'm upgrading my system's mobo and processor from an amd processor to an intel one. After install and post it ooaded windows for a time but the video settings were wrong. Then i get a bsod and it reboots. Do this 3 or 4 times with different errors on the bsod and now it won't load windows at all. I have my usb stick with win 10 on it and attempts to repair aren't working. Did a chkdsk and its still erroring out. It says the drive is locked. C drive is a ssd if it matters. It doesn't give me an option to do an install on other drives either as that also results in errors. Help?

Nhawk

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

Msi z170-a pro
I7-6700k
Gskill 2x8gb ddr4 3000mhz (which it asked me to change settings for that first time it posted and i did)
Gtx 770 gpu
Corsair 110i v2 cooler
1x128mb ssd - OS installed here
1x512gb hdd
1x2tb hhd

Only thing i touched in bios was the memory settings as that board defaults to 2133. Keep in mind I'm moving the drives over from the old system so it was already installed with the old hardware. It wasn't a clean install for the new build. I'd be happy with just formatting the ssd if that's what needs to happen but it won't let me get to the screen with the partitions where i can delete or reformat drives

TRENDING THREADS