Windows 10 & Old OEM Recovery Drive

Tristiacon

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro/SP1 to Win 10.

I have an OEM Q:/ That is a recovery of Win 7. This Q:/ is using almost 17Gigs.
I already did a USB recovery of it prior to upgrading to Win 10. I also have a windows.old that is 21.9Gigs.

I want to remove both of them. I plan on creating another USB recovery of Win 10 so I'll have a recovery of both.

So, my question is this... Since I'll have 2 USB recoveries of Win 7 & 10, would it be safe to use AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard to delete those partitions and not lose data or have problems after running the AOMEI program? I know its always best to back-up your files, but I can always download them from the cloud. I just don't want to run into a no startup or blue screen and have to re-install and re-download all the files!

I have found info on how to use AOMEI to remove the OEM Q:/ but I'm not to sure how to remove the windows.old.
I also read that after 30 days Microsoft will delete the windows.old... Is this true?

I really don't plan on going back to Win 7 but will the USB recovery work on its own without the OEM Q:/ Recovery drive?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
T~

Hardware:
Thinkpad 11e 20D9 (Not a Yoga)
500 Gig HD

Solution
Did you create and image of the drive to that "USB recovery" drive or just made a basic recovery disk? Just a recovery disk will help to fix issues with Windows, but will not contain your data.