News Windows 10 up disaster — Microsoft confirms app crashes and blue screens of death

russell_john

Honorable
Mar 25, 2018
I'm on pause until the 22nd ..... Maybe longer because for the last year or more I've only been doing updates every 3 months and when I do I always do it late in the month

It is sad that Windows Updates are a bigger risk than getting a virus or trojan since I haven't had a successful infection in years .... actually well over a decade ..... But Windows update the odds are you are going to get 3 or 4 bad ones every year

Reactions: Oops!

Oops!

Prominent
Feb 8, 2021
Same here. I won't do another update for a while.
One update broke my go-to desk top.
I had to re-install and turn of updates.

Next new hardware won't have a Windows OS on it.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You'd think after nigh unto 40 years of writing code ms would have figured how design, build AND test its software for bugs, conflicts, and compatibility. I guess meeting / beating what Wall Stree says their stock should do is more important than clean, functioning software.

Reactions: Oops!
Feb 10, 2021
Same here. I won't do another update for a while.
One update broke my go-to desk top.
I had to re-install and turn of updates.

Next new hardware won't have a Windows OS on it.
Well I run Windows on a virtual box out of a Linux. I even converted an old complex Windows 7 into a VHD and run it virtually. If something goes wrong I pull a new copy. It also becomes handy if you get infected by viruses.

Oops!

Prominent
Feb 8, 2021
Well I run Windows on a virtual box out of a Linux. I even converted an old complex Windows 7 into a VHD and run it virtually. If something goes wrong I pull a new copy. It also becomes handy if you get infected by viruses.

I no longer have a need for Windows products, thank God.