Windows 10 update messed up my monitor/Graphics card

jkesner290

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
Hey I just updated my windows 10 to the fall creators update and what not and after it updated... My screen got completely messed up, like how it looks when you go an crack the screen or something... there is no clear image, it's blurry, distorted, color is gone, looks black and white somewhat... it so weird and I don't know what to do to fix it.

Solution
I have a customer with the same issue. Her HP desktop did an automatic update recently (something I have advised her against allowing). It did it's thing and bam... her screen is messed up.
Have tried reloading the graphics driver > System states that the driver is up to date.
Have tried to uninstall the graphics driver > Driver reappears after restart.
Tried doing a system restore, no change.
Tried doing a system recovery, no change.
Tried everything I can think of, but the system refuses to accept my attempts to remedy this problem.

Customer is resorting to purchasing another computer altogether... A refurbished machine with Win 7 OS.
She's convinced (as I am) that WinX is bad juju.
I would very much like to tackle this issue if...

Uncle Vic

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
I have a customer with the same issue. Her HP desktop did an automatic update recently (something I have advised her against allowing). It did it's thing and bam... her screen is messed up.
Have tried reloading the graphics driver > System states that the driver is up to date.
Have tried to uninstall the graphics driver > Driver reappears after restart.
Tried doing a system restore, no change.
Tried doing a system recovery, no change.
Tried everything I can think of, but the system refuses to accept my attempts to remedy this problem.

Customer is resorting to purchasing another computer altogether... A refurbished machine with Win 7 OS.
She's convinced (as I am) that WinX is bad juju.
I would very much like to tackle this issue if anyone else can help.
Last resort, I am going to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Win7 again, which is what this machine used to have.

Solution

coop513

Commendable
May 26, 2016
I have the same thing on my MSI laptop. Gets all static like the screen is cracked. Power down then back on usually fixes it, but is super annoying. I'll try the gfx driver reset and see what happens.