Windows 10 USB

Bcl092

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
I keep getting that beep beep beep beep noise that sounds like something is plugged into the USB port if that makes sense. I couldn't find any other situations on how to resolve it. Anyone else who had the same?
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber
Manufacturer Product SerialNumber Version
Hewlett-Packard 18A4 PCURER2WV3BMDL 73.50

The beeps are every few minutes. Nothing is being plugged into the USB port which would otherwise make the noise.

Shaun o

Distinguished
I don`t understand your problem.

Are you saying that when you connect a usb flash drive to your system with the intention of installing it you get a set of beeping noises.

Does it do it with any other usb device connected to the same usb port ?
If the system only makes the set of beeping sounds it is likely and error to do with no bootable device is found.

That may mean depending on how you created the image for windows 10 os on your usb flash drive it is not bootable.

You should use either the microsoft ISO to usb tool from microsoft to create a bootable windows 10 image on a usb flash drive or pen drive.

Or you can use another Iso to flash drive authoring and creation tool for booting such as Rufus.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6062-rufus.html

You must use one of these bits of software to make the Usb flash drive bootable.

You cannot just simply copy the Iso image to a usb flash drive as it needs to have a boot sector added to the flash drive first.

Bcl092

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber
Manufacturer Product SerialNumber Version
Hewlett-Packard 18A4 PCURER2WV3BMDL 73.50

The beeps are every few minutes.