Windows 10 won't show videos from vid cameraSD card:(

gothbird1

Estimable
Sep 19, 2015
I have never had problems playing videos I've done by putting SD cardin, watching and loading onto laptop. Ive now got windows 10 and having trouble. I came back from holiday and eager to see the videos I presumed it would just work the same, but not a chance! The list of what's there shows up, as do the stills that I took on it but when I click on a video it says not supported with the code 0x1010103 (0xc004f011) It gives me no other instruction or help! Trying the card on mums windows 7, up they come and they're playable and movable onto desktop. I renamed the files so I knew I would be clicking on the right thing when trying it back on my windows 10 but the same thing, the newly renamed list showed up but still wouldn't play. Also tried it using the cables, camera to laptop but still the same! Can anyone help please, my joy at windows 10 is quickly waning :(

gothbird1

Estimable
Sep 19, 2015

Hi yeah thanks, can play vids now using 'open with' option :)
My next problem now is the lack of dvd maker on the damn thing!
Always used to make a dvd of holiday snaps and videos with added music, titles etc, all very corny but nice to look back on. Nothing simple about progress aye?!