News Windows 11 — here’s 6 ways it beats macOS

Jun 27, 2021
This is total click bait and contains so many inaccuracies. It's amazing that a respectable site has stooped to these kinds of practices to get web traffic.

I'm now blocking this site from my newsfeed. I suggest you do the same!

Jun 27, 2021
Admittedly very clickbaity, yes.. but inaccurate I wouldn't say so.

Can you point out the inaccuracies for me please?

The one things I do see however is the absolute horrendous spell checking.

It's like the guy wrote this in a coke fueled rush 5 minutes after its deadline.

Jun 28, 2021
One inaccuracy is an obvious mistake:

Apple is letting developers use their own commerce engines, like Adobe, so it’s not going to force devs into giving Microsoft a cut.

The author has that backwards. It's Apple that forces app developers to give Apple a cut. It's Microsoft that allows apps/games to use their own commerce engine and give Microsoft 0%.

Jun 28, 2021
You said it, it's a mistake. It's clearly not intended, and pointing it out to the author respectfully would be much better than shouting at them.

Jun 28, 2021
Windows 11 looks so good that it make Mac users jealous. Here's where Microsoft wins.

Windows 11 — here’s 6 ways it beats macOS : Read more

In this paragraph,

The Microsoft Store has been not been the best during the Windows 10 year, but it’s getting a lot better with Windows 11, with a store that’s a lot more open than macOS’ walled garden. For example, Apple is letting developers use their own commerce engines, like Adobe, so it’s not going to force devs into giving Microsoft a cut.

There are two errors. "During the Windows 10 year" should be "years", and "Apple is letting..." should be "Microsoft is letting...".
Otherwise, great article. I still use all of macOS, Windows, and Linux, and they all shine in different ways.

Reactions: ŽEĐ-PV

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
Admittedly very clickbaity, yes.. but inaccurate I wouldn't say so.

Can you point out the inaccuracies for me please?

The one things I do see however is the absolute horrendous spell checking.

It's like the guy wrote this in a coke fueled rush 5 minutes after its deadline.
Apologies here for the typos and errors. I have fixed and thanks for pointing those out.

Reactions: ŽEĐ-PV

A_P

Feb 22, 2021
With macOS you can work with two apps side by side — and that’s it.

Really? You can open any number of windows and arrange them any way you want.

You can also create Snap Groups in Windows 11 that you can park right in the taskbar

Does it beat having a separate desktops for different tasks that you can switch with 4-finger swipe?

Windows 11 touch support gets better

So something macOS never had became better. Sure, if touch is your thing you must be frustrated with macOS. But not because of Win11. If you need it, you had to jump ship a long time ago, but if you still on macOS any improvement to touch ion Windows are irrelevant.

Windows 11 gaming wipes the floor with Macs

Again, Mac was never a game computer, everybody knows that. It's like complaining that that Prius is dead because Jeep became even more powerful.

If you unplug a laptop from a dock to move rooms

Docking station ($300) with a monitor ($200), keyboard ($50), mouse ($50) in a study, bedroom, dining room, porch? Come on. Besides, what if monitors are of different resolution? I do dock my Mac Book to two different monitors (UW and HD), BTW, don't experience any problems with finding my windows.

Windows 11 has a more open App Store

i would understand if you were complaining about iOS app store. But didn't it ever occurred to you you don't need ANY app store on Mac at all?

Chat from Microsoft Teams vs FaceTime

Frankly, I have to use Teams for work. And it's a terrible thing. But in any case, if you want Teams, you have it on Mac right now. So what to be jealous about, that in Win11 it comes preinstalled? That's it?