News Windows 11 — here's why there's already a backlash

Aug 27, 2020
You know, one day people are gonna catch on to what this site, Creative Bloq, MacRumors, Mac Insider, and all these other sites with either zero comment section, or a heavily curated one.

It is blatantly obvious that someone is paying for these articles, as they all say the same thing and are not really true whatsoever. Its all deceptive marketing, and leading people to products that really shouldnt be where they are, and are HEAVILY holding us back, while conversly people think they are getting cutting edge tech.

Reactions: Solace Kane

GiSWiG

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2013
"Windows fans like square — not rounded — corners "

Windows 7 had rounded corners and most seem to love Windows 7 over Windows 10. Also, rounded corners is also found in Linux desktops so don't need to bring Apple into it.

Jun 18, 2021
We should revisit the initial major fail ,according to pundits, of the original IBM-PC.
As memory serves, it was news for months that the keyboard did not have the large 'Return' / Enter key of the IBM Selectric, which had nicely rounded corners.
(Many of you will need to look that up... best guess.)
My first machine was a South West Technical Products SS-50 based machine with 4K of ram. 1K x 1bit @ $9.99 each. A "TV Typewriter" for a monitor and two cassette decks for data / program storage.
I may be dating myself here a bit. :unsure:

russell_john

Honorable
Mar 25, 2018
I really doesn't matter to me because I'm just going to use Classic Shell like I have been since Vista came out ..... It's the first thing I install after I load Windows for the first time .....

Jun 19, 2021
I don't care what they do with corners. Round, square, ellipsoid, cloud-like ... I don't care. Did they put start menu in the center? I could care less. What I care about is this: are the updates going to be as screwed up as they are now or are they going to hire an army of beta testers who are not us, the users? It is what I care about, especially after an update to 21H1 left my computer unable to boot. I spent a few hours attempting various of ways of repair. I had to reinstall that Microsoft garbage and now, two weeks later, I'm still feeling the pain of missing this and that app, etc.

Jun 19, 2021
A ”backlash” by whom exactly? No links to this supposed backlash are in the article. It’s the whole “people are saying” gimmick employed by a certain politician. Who are these people that are ”backlashing” Exactly? Be specific and link to some sources.

Solace Kane

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2014
A ”backlash” by whom exactly? No links to this supposed backlash are in the article. It’s the whole “people are saying” gimmick employed by a certain politician. Who are these people that are ”backlashing” Exactly? Be specific and link to some sources.
My thoughts exactly with all these articles floating around.
And what kills me even more is some have to gall to equivocate "everyone" by citing a few random tweets or one or two negative comments from Reddit.