News Windows 11 requirements: Microsoft says there’s no getting around them

Jul 28, 2021
Y'know the excuse given my MS mentioning productivity is absolutely ridiculous. "Productivity" is, and has been forever, a marketing ploy. Yes, there is a difference in productivity with respect to what was being done in, say, 1995, but it really means little now. Productivity is wholly dependent on the user - nothing more, nothing less. Windows 11 is not going to make anyone smarter; is not going to get you to work on time; is not going to make you think faster; is not going to make you hit the deadline; is not going to make you learn all the keyboard shortcuts, is not going to make you sleep better, or have better sex, etc., etc., etc. It's utter marketing BS that is trotted out anytime they want to spin a negative into a positive, or they need another bullet point to try and convince users that the new OS, program, whatever actually is better. The real message is, "Yes, our requirements suck and they'll force you to upgrade; spending money you don't really need to spend, but hey, we're not in business to be your best friend." Until MS's OS can do my laundry, make me exercise, keep my kids off drugs, make my mother-in-law not nag me, change a flat tire and make my boss happy, don't talk to me about productivity - it's BS.

Jul 28, 2021
Funny that they say this, yet I have it on 2 surface tablets that said they weren't supported, and an older laptop. Direct download from the Dev channel. Unless they are monitoring what devices have it after the fact, it doesn't seem like there's no getting around it. Funny thing is I bought the tablets for the sole reason that I wanted W11 on them, yet they are not supported. Microsoft's own devices. Like you gotta be kidding me lol.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The requirement are, in my opinion, unnecessary and are just a marketing ploy by microsoft to help its sycophants sell more kit. They did it when win10 came out and when win7 came out.

Reactions: Cleocatra
Jul 28, 2021
Kinda like the lie Gates & Co told when they said Windoze'95 wouldn't run without Internet Exploder.

Jul 30, 2021
More than just TPM. I've got a Dell XPS LT that supports TPM 2.0 but evidently the CPU isn't "fresh" enough to meet their security standards and there's no way to run in some "degraded" mode. M$ would be dumped like last week's fish if it wasn't for Adobe's hatred of Linux. Yes I'm aware of OSS replacements, but the Adobe suite is the industry standard and I tried to swim against that stream for years. No mas.

Aug 3, 2021
Maybe Microsoft is considering earlier CPU generations...I just got pushed WIndows 11 Beta on my 6th gen i7, and so far it's stable and seems even 'snappier' than Win10. But I guess this is what Beta programs are about :)

51355421355_0783010bb2_b.jpg