Windows 7 doesn't recognize the HDD of toshiba qosmio. Help?

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Hello Everybody:

A friend of mine is trying to install Windows 7 on her laptop - toshiba qosmio g30-126.

When getting to choose the installation location, Windows doesn't recognize any hard drive what so ever.

At the beginning I thought that a driver upgrade will solve the problem, since the driver that is installed now suits only to XP, and not to 7.

In Toshiba's website, there is no option to download an HDD driver, the closest thing that I saw there, was RAID technology related drivers.

Any help by getting this Windows 7 installed on this laptop?

Thank you.

G

Check the BIOS screens (usually F2) and see if the hard drive is being recognised. If not it won't work in any version of Windows.

G

Yes, but Windows would have originally been installed when the drive was okay -- when installing a new version (or reinstalling the old one) the installer would test the drive.

G

You stated that there are two hard drives. Unless it's just one that's been partitioned, because I have yet to see a laptop with two drives.

It is fairly simple to remove and replace laptop hard drives.

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
It can be simple, but still it's a laptop, and it's not the issue of this post. I don't quite know the current arrangement of the hard drives and how they are partitioned, but any way the question is why doesn't Windows 7 recognize them (Or at least one of them), and if the RAID driver should solve the problem?

G

Dears Toshiba G30- Need Raid driver to show HDD when u begining time installation, Download Raid driver from the Toshiba. Load driver using USB driver when u begin installation

G

Dears Toshiba G30- Need Raid driver to show HDD when u begining time installation, Download Raid driver from the Toshiba. Load driver using USB driver when u begin installation. Raid driver awailable erope web site of thoshiba

jendrys1

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
It need Raid driver and if for your model on toshiba website is only Raid for vista, use this one. I did it in Thosiba Quosmio G30 161. ( just load driver on USB drive and during installation when ask, show the direction to this driver, confirm and will continue installation, if wrong driver will stop.
About two HDD, that's right, this model has two hardrives (marked as slot 1 and slot 2).One is based to the right from the battery (slot 1) and second above the battery (slot 2), both SATA.