Solved! Windows 7 home premium freeze up

Mar 9, 2018
So a friend gave me a old laptop from 2011 and said I could have it as long as I could fix it. I got it to boot up, I restored it so nothing was in it, and I go to play. 1,it loads so slow, 2,the whole OS freezes up sometimes,3 every 10ish seconds it will freeze and I have to wait for it to work again. This is very annoying when trying to do simple tasks such as solitary. There is also another issue and idk if it's caused by the same thing but the left side of my screen will sometimes glitch put like crazy and it makes it hard to use the left side. This laptop is a windows 7 home premium from 2011 and was probably sitting around without use for a few years. I'm hoping it's a software issue cause I'm trying to not spend any money trying to fix this laptop and make it work smooth again.

Solution
Try a new hard drive. If it was a software issue then doing the factory restore would have fixed it. The screen issue may be a loose cable or maybe a bad screen.
Mar 9, 2018
Sadly a new harddrive costs money and i dont have enough to get a new one, but i also thought thats what needed to happen.