Solved! Windows 7 installation issue on Asus!!! PLEASE HELP!

Oct 30, 2019
I have been trying to install an ISO copy of windows 7 to my Asus vivobook Max A541U. The stock OS was windows 10. I wanted to downgrade it due to some issues. I mounted the ISO on the USB drive with Rufus tool first with the gpt format with UEFI boot mode. Then went into the BIOS disabled fast boot and secure boot, switched on legacy mode. When the installation started up the first error was " a required CD-DVD driver is missing". then i searched the net for solutions, after which i found gigabyte USB installer. Here comes the other mistake. with the Gigabyte USB installer, i mounted it MBR partition. (i don't really remember this step, i did something and mounted the ISO in MBR format using the USB). Then i rebooted, booted using USB, then after language selection another error came. "cannot install windows to this disk as it is gpt partition". Then i accidently format my C drive. where my OS was located. Then ever since i cannot install this windows 7 because the first message after startup is "required CD-DVD drive missing". Tried everything i could. I need help!!! http://codeabitwiser.com/2014/03/how-to-install-windows-7-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/ even tried this! wim mounting or something. I have a laptop with no OS XD...... PLEASE ANYONE!!!!

Solution
You need to slave that hard disk to another PC using a 2½" caddy which comes with a three ended USB cable. You've killed the Windows 10 system so you can format the entire disk, partitioning to suit but you might want to set up a dual boot so you can keep the system you paid for and the new (old) one.

Put the hard drive back into the laptop and give the Rufus stick another shot.

You'll also need to buy a genuine Windows 7 product key because activation will fail as soon as the laptop goes online.
You need to slave that hard disk to another PC using a 2½" caddy which comes with a three ended USB cable. You've killed the Windows 10 system so you can format the entire disk, partitioning to suit but you might want to set up a dual boot so you can keep the system you paid for and the new (old) one.

You'll also need to buy a genuine Windows 7 product key because activation will fail as soon as the laptop goes online.

Solution
Oct 30, 2019

hmm. Would it be possible to install the windows ISO into the hard disk using the caddy using the same computer/laptop (which the hard disk will be connected to). ???