Windows 7 Not Booting After AMD Graphic Install (Safe Mode Not Working)

Bdogz15

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
I am having issues with my windows computer. I am currently running Windows 7 on a HP Pavilion DV7, while updating the AMD Driver the screen went black and refused to turn back on at all.

I assumed it was the Drivers so I kept it going and then the computer shut down. When I rebooted, I would only get a black screen any time I rebooted, I looked it up online and found a solutions from others that worked so I attempted to go into Safe Mode to see what the problem was. But every time I attempt to load into Safe Mode. It displays a bunch of dead pixels at the top of the screen and refuses to boot further.

Attempting a system restore does nothing, left it there for at least a hour and it did not boot, so I went back to Repair My Computer and I tried everything and nothing happened. I could not get Windows to boot up.

As a last resort I booted off my Linux Mint flash drive and I am backing up my files for a full reinstall of Windows. But is there any other way to try to remove the AMD driver before I completely reinstall Windows? I would prefer not to reinstall Windows but if it has to be done then I will do so.

Thanks again.

HP Pavilion DV7
Windows 7 Home Premium
4 GB DDR3
AMD 2.21 GHZ processor Triple Core.
ATI Mobility Ramdon HD 5470 with a Mobility Chipset around the 4000 HD model.

Solution
Are you sure it is the computer that isn't booting, or is it just a problem with the display?

Try attaching an external monitor and see if you can get it to run that way. If it works, then it is the laptops display that is the problem. If it doesn't work, and you get the same problem as before, it could be the driver you updated, but it could also be the graphics card.
Are you sure it is the computer that isn't booting, or is it just a problem with the display?

Try attaching an external monitor and see if you can get it to run that way. If it works, then it is the laptops display that is the problem. If it doesn't work, and you get the same problem as before, it could be the driver you updated, but it could also be the graphics card.

Solution