windows 7 professional 64 bit tower. how do i connect a windows 7 home premium laptop?

persianfeline

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
I want to purchase a new tower that is windows 7 professional but my new lap top is home premium. do I need to upgrade the laptop ?

Solution
Are you attempting to connect your new laptop to the internet?

If not, and you are having a problem with the modem, then unplug all of the connections from the back, let it sit for a few minutes, then plug everything back in.

If it still fails:
1. Press the Windows Key and R at the same time on your keyboard, then type "control ncpa.cpl" in the box without quotes.
2. If you are connecting with a wire between your computer and your modem, right click on the connection that is labeled Local Area Connection or Ethernet, then click status.
2.1 Reply telling me what it says beside IPv4 Connection (Internet, No Internet Access, No Network Access, etc.)
3. If you are connecting wirelessly, right click on Wi-Fi or Wireless Network...

persianfeline

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

i have a netgear 7550 from my ISP that includes WIFI capabilities but now the internet 1, 2, 3, and 4 lights are not on. I waited on Frontier tech support 45 mins and got frustrated so I thought I would buy a tower better than my W 7 home premium and try W 7 professional. I am stuck with no internet service so have to look for solutions on my work computer and then try to fix the problem when i get home. I thought about another ISP but don't want to have to change my email address. I am 64 and not computer savvy. I thought getting a tower and having them send me a new router would be simpler. Can you suggest where to start. My husband passed and as far as passwords, etc. , he shared those with his daughter but not me so I have hit brick walls trying make progress. And contacting her is NOT an option. I just need someone to give me some guidance.

tyami94

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
Are you attempting to connect your new laptop to the internet?

If not, and you are having a problem with the modem, then unplug all of the connections from the back, let it sit for a few minutes, then plug everything back in.

If it still fails:
1. Press the Windows Key and R at the same time on your keyboard, then type "control ncpa.cpl" in the box without quotes.
2. If you are connecting with a wire between your computer and your modem, right click on the connection that is labeled Local Area Connection or Ethernet, then click status.
2.1 Reply telling me what it says beside IPv4 Connection (Internet, No Internet Access, No Network Access, etc.)
3. If you are connecting wirelessly, right click on Wi-Fi or Wireless Network Connection and click Status.
3.1 Reply telling me what it says beside IPv4 Connection (Internet, No Internet Access, No Network Access, etc.)

Solution