Windows 7 stuck, please help!

ugf6

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I was casually playing something on my COMPAQ Presario cq57. I came across this file while cleaning up my desktop, it was named "fake system shutdown.bat" I figured it was some trick I made a long time ago for a website, idiotically, without even seeing if it was real or not, I clicked on it, I saw some text go up and down, it was a batch delay trick made to look like it was deleting something... Then it closed. I continued my cleaning, then interrupted with a window, the title was "you are about to be logged off" and the message said, "prepare for goodbye" I never thought that I'd have ever made something like this, I clicked 'ok' not even thinking of what would happen. Trying to continue, I was then actually logged off and my system shut down. Next time I turned it on, the windows system booted fine, then it suddenly started updating. All I saw for the rest of that day was "Configuring windows, 100 % complete. Please don't turn off your system." It was not even doing anything.

I need help.... I never create backups because my hard drive is always full, about 10 gb left out of 279. Plenty of videos, photos, classic games, and so much programming work! All of it is sure to be gone, safe mode is the same thing, nothing happens except that configuring windows screen, j let it sit for about a day and night. It was the same thing in the morning except the laptop was very hot.

ugf6

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I've tried Task manager. It's stuck on starting up. Let's say, you had an "important update" that had to install next startup, it's like that and it hung there for days and nights, tried restarting and what you mentioned.