Windows 7 to Improve Notebook Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Anandtech has yet to verify their result with a similarly spec. PC so I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion. The fact that Vista doesn’t have a power profile for Mac should be obvious.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Vista got poor battery life on the macbook air because the macbook isnt optimized for vista, its not so "largely unexplained" as you called it.

if your still unsure, just look at all the laptops that use a similar speced battery and run vista, and get similar battery life as the macbook.

G

Umm, sucky drivers for the MAC from apple? Oh wait, is it still cool to bash Vista?

G

I guess on top of writing biased articles without proper research Tomshardware also can't do simple arithmetic because 4.98 is very obviously not "more than" double 2.55.

G

SanFrenchysco says:

However blown up this XP vs. OSX article seems there is A LOT of existing truth caused by underlying Windows flaws.

Some core code run by XP and Vista is way "sub-optimal" - If it did not only affect performance, I'd call that a "P1" bug because it's broken and lumping along. The outcome is even fresh Windows systems are more sluggish and power hungry than they should even.

The performance pay-offs ring in the range of 15 to 25%: snappy system, cooler CPU, great battery and energy bill savings.

Reasons why I can't post patches:
1- Some of the problem happen right from install time. To deploy related fixes involves either fixing a Ghost master source or patching the source code in Redmond.

2- Lots of hard work put me in position to write a valuable white paper on the root cause analysis with fixes applicable from servers to desktops. Fixes for WinMobile PDA/PNA are different.

3- It took years of research and analysis to develop genuine working fixes for problems to this day continue to plague Vista and very likely Win7 due to shared code.

SF/.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]zipz0p[/nom]tipoo - try reading Anandtech's article. And Tom's - please do arithmetic correctly.[/citation]

I did read the article, whats your point? They had OSX and vista running on a macbook, geuss which would be more optimised for the macbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.