windows 8.1 and eset uninstall

mariobela

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
So, I installed recently Windows 8.1 and i installed ESET SMART SECURITY, but then i get it that windows 8.1 has his own AV, so my question is if I uninstall ESET, can it harm my pc, because of uninstalling their program and as av ?

Solution
All antivirus not made by Microsoft is what I call a third-party; it is easier for me to do that.

ESET is a fine antivirus, so you can stick with it if you want. It is entirely up to you though; you can keep ESET if you want, get a new third-party antivirus, or use Microsoft's own antivirus.

Gamer Cat

Estimable
May 11, 2015
I would not trust any antivirus feature from Microsoft; it is possibly one of the worst antiviruses out there if I am not mistaken.

You would be better off sticking with ESET or some other third-party antivirus. :)

But if you do wish to uninstall ESET, it should not harm anything.

mariobela

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015

So you say that i stick with ESET but say say it is third party, do you suggest some better? Because I heard that ESET is one of best ones too?
Maybe I should delete ESET and don't have AV, just one from Windows because there is no need, and I just buy games for playing

Gamer Cat

Estimable
May 11, 2015
All antivirus not made by Microsoft is what I call a third-party; it is easier for me to do that.

ESET is a fine antivirus, so you can stick with it if you want. It is entirely up to you though; you can keep ESET if you want, get a new third-party antivirus, or use Microsoft's own antivirus.

Solution