windows 8.1 cant find certain wifi but linux mint can

westiki

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
im using hp notebook 15 laptop. i dual boot windows 8.1 and linux mint. windows has a problem of not detecting certain wifi for some reason. it can detect all other wifi except the one i wnt to use and it is also the closest. and yes i have already disabled airplane mode and it is a fresh install so no driver updates, yes i have tried restarting, and the network does function if i use mint but i have some stuff i need to do in windows. oh and i managed to connect to the network previously and now it cant detect at all.

Solution
In Windows Control Panel>Device Manager, expand the Network adapter and right click the wi-fi entry. Select Properties then Advanced then fiddle with the Channel settings.

The laptop might be set to a channel the router isn't broadcasting on. While you're there, change the Roaming setting to Agressive.

This might work.
In Windows Control Panel>Device Manager, expand the Network adapter and right click the wi-fi entry. Select Properties then Advanced then fiddle with the Channel settings.

The laptop might be set to a channel the router isn't broadcasting on. While you're there, change the Roaming setting to Agressive.

This might work.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS