Windows 8.1 Laptop NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM Error

agm2992mga

Estimable
Mar 4, 2014
Hi all,

I hope you can help me with this peculiar problem I have been experiencing recently.

If I have been using my laptop to play a game or browse the web or whatever and am then finished with my machine, I trivially close the lid and hibernate it if I am not going to need it for a while. I will close down any games or intensive programs etc. but tend to leave open my chrome browser pages and tabs. I also use the Chrome Extension for suspending tabs to free up memory so only a few tabs are active when I come to hibernate my computer.

When I come to use my computer again and wake it from hibernation, I sometimes (over 60% of time) get a crash of "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you", citing "If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM" as the error message for more detail. It proceeds to progress from 0% - 100% and then restarts and I can carry on working.

This problem does not ever seem to occur if just waking from sleep.

I would really appreciate any help in solving this matter as it is baffling me as to what is going on!
Thank you very much in advance.