Windows 8 won't boot

Shezan7

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Hey Guys,
I have an Acer Travelmate P253-M, which says : "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"

I've reinstalled windows 8, taken the hard drive out, and tried it on another machine and it works fine. But it will not boot on my Acer unless the windows disc is inside.
Any help guys ? thanks.

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
Hi there,

Did the harddisk come from another PC?
in that case it will not work immediately, normally if the pc is the same type it should be enough to have the windows cd to reset the registration of the windows.
If it's another brand then it's a driver issue.

it is also possible that the first partition (hidden boot partition ) is corrupt, then you need to remove all data and reinstall windows ! Unless there is some software that can repair his (which I can't help you with).

good luck and let us know.
cheers, Louise.

Shezan7

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

Hi Louise, the hard drive I'm using is the one that came with the Acer Laptop, after a clean windows 8 install, it only boots if the disk is in the drive, otherwise it asks to insert disk...
I've taken the same hard drive afterwards and placed it in another machine and it booted right up

Louise Porkolt

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
is it possible that the installation was never finished correctly ?
it looks like it wants to start from the win-install-CD.

I would try to reinstall it again. be sure all drivers are installed and all updates ok.

Let us know,
Cheers, Louise.