Windows Applications always not responding...

tubby1111

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
So I'm trying to update my drivers through device manager and clicking the update driver button causes it to not respond, closing a word document/sticky note causes the not responding message and just slows down my computer to the point where I have to restart it. Opening the file explorer sometimes causes the not responding, trying to mess with the amd radeon r7 m270 built in graphic card causes the not responding, basically half the stuff I do on this piece of junk laptop causes a not responding message to happen and prevents me from doing anything pretty much on this computer, I was trying to get a game to use the designated amd graphics card instead of the integrated one because I think the game i was trying to play (Path of Exile) is running horrible and I think is using the integrated card so I'm trying to switch them using the amd graphics properties but doing that also causes not responding, anyone have any idea of what is going on? I'm currently on Windows 8, here is the laptop I have http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/inspiron-15-7548-laptop/pd I bought it for school back in August of 2015, so the laptop is pretty new.

Solution
Hi, When did this issue start to occur?

Please try the following things:

1: Use Task Manager or Systernals to look for PUP's or other programs that are running.
2: Boot into safe mode and see if the issue still occurs. (It might be better to install the drivers in safe-mode).
3: Download a anti-malware program such as malware bytes and preform a FULL SCAN on your system.

If none of these things are working and you have tried updating drivers your best option may be to re-install windows.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
1. If you dont have malwarebytes antimalware or emsisoft antimalware, is suggest downloading, updating and performing a scan and remove infections. Reboot and test.
2. If the above fails, open command prompt with administrator rights and type "sfc /scannow" to check if windows has any errors and to fix it.
3. If both 1 and 2 provides no real solution the issues, i would suggest checking youtube on how to correctly open a laptop and remove dust that may cause overheating and non-responding machine.

Hi, When did this issue start to occur?

Please try the following things:

1: Use Task Manager or Systernals to look for PUP's or other programs that are running.
2: Boot into safe mode and see if the issue still occurs. (It might be better to install the drivers in safe-mode).
3: Download a anti-malware program such as malware bytes and preform a FULL SCAN on your system.

If none of these things are working and you have tried updating drivers your best option may be to re-install windows.

Solution