Windows CE on android tablets

Kristijannnnnn

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015
Hello i recently got an android tablet and i am really sick of android. So i thought I might be able to put windows 7 or 8 on there but then i realized that the architecture of the processor was all wrong. A bit later I found some threads for Windows CE tablets and mini ARM laptops running Windows CE. I thought that as the closest thing to windows 7/8 it would work better than android. So searching trough the threads i have only found Windows CE versions for these laptops and some specific tablets. I was wondering if there is a Windows CE version for this processor: AML8726-M3 cortex A9 1GHz. I also have 1gb of ram and 8 gb of flash storage on the tablet. Please help it would be really nice if I gor rid of android once and for all and switched to glorious Windows.

Solution
Windows CE is further away from modern Windows than Android is. CE will be able to do nothing right now, no modern programs or web sites will work with it.

Right now anything running CE is legacy equipment like scanners tied into inventory systems or embedded controllers for older equipment that was never upgraded.
I would guess probably not. If you can't find official support for that SoC, you're likely out of luck. ARM support for CE is pretty darn limited. Windows CE is probably closer to 95 than 7 or 8, and as far as I know, there isn't exactly a lot of independent developer work on it--especially with Microsoft trying to phase it out of their lineup and having not updated it in 2 years. If you didn't like Android, you should've avoided the whole mess and gone with a Windows tablet.

Kristijannnnnn

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015

Yeah, I figured as much. Well I know CE it's closer to windows 95/97 but still it would be Windows and better than android. Ahh whatever i'll try something else but the tablet will most likely end up gathering dust some where and I'll most likely buy a Windows tablet.

Windows CE is further away from modern Windows than Android is. CE will be able to do nothing right now, no modern programs or web sites will work with it.

Right now anything running CE is legacy equipment like scanners tied into inventory systems or embedded controllers for older equipment that was never upgraded.

Solution