Windows freeze while downloading

Bev K

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Hello, everytime I right-click a graphic or image to save, my laptop crashes returning to a blue screen advising me to reboot with the ACHP disc or do one of three recovery options. Why is this? I've scanned for viruses - nothing.

Hello Bev K;

Can you right click on download this image?
830ts.jpg

What version of windows are you using?
What laptop make and model do you have?
Have you made any changes since just before you started having trouble saving images?

Are you sure it says use the ACHP disc?

Bev K

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Soory, ACHI disk. Yes, I managed to download the graphic, but when I'm online and downloading, the screen goes blue with loads of writing - but passes to quick to read. The option I'm giv en is to reboot by pressing F4 and then choose one of 3 recovery options. I'm using a Samsung R730 - about 9 months old. All files and folders for 2010 are lost. I've downloaded a few recovery applications but, alas, have not managed to recover any of my old photos or docs. I am using wins 7.

Bev K

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011

Soory, ACHI disk. Yes, I managed to download the graphic, but when I'm online and downloading, the screen goes blue with loads of writing - but passes to quick to read. The option I'm giv en is to reboot by pressing F4 and then choose one of 3 recovery options. I'm using a Samsung R730 - about 9 months old. All files and folders for 2010 are lost. I've downloaded a few recovery applications but, alas, have not managed to recover any of my old photos or docs. I am using wins 7.