Question Windows Hardware Errors (WHEA)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fifi93

Great
Apr 27, 2019
I recently got the GE75 RTX 2080 laptop, it came with 2x8gb Ram from factory to my pleasant suprise.

I do have a potentially serious problem:
Windows Hardware Errors (WHEA)
PCI/PCIe Bus Errors

Regardless if the laptop is completely IDLE or if I'm doing something resource intensive there is approximately 1-2 errors each minute.

While gaming in apex legends gave 263 errors in 2h30min (1.75errors/minute).

The errors existed even when the laptop was in stock voltage, atm I have -100mV to combat heat.

fifi93

Great
Apr 27, 2019
So an error that the company knows about and isn't doing anything about. Hmm

Then I would again suggest contacting them. Especially with it being that new.
So while using wifi I get 0 errors, it's only when connecting ethernet cable that the whea problems come.

another user with similar problem recommended my to install lan_KillerEthernetSuite_2.0.1134_UWD_x64_9.0.0.49_0xd1bf3323 from MSI site over the windows drivers and for him that solved the problem.

So I think I Will do one last clean Windows 10 install from USB flash drive, after that I will see if there is the WHEA errors, if they are there I will install the lan_KillerEthernetSuite_2.0.1134_UWD_x64_9.0.0.49_0xd1bf3323 and hope that the errors no longer exist when using ethernet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DavidOBM Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 11
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 2
LightningsalesUK Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
Ill91_Gamer Laptop Tech Support 0