Windows movie maker. Audio, but no video on storyboard

Bigj73nsb

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
Yes I am new to making movies with Windows Movie maker or any other movie maker software..
Ok my AVI videos play fine in all my media players, windows media and VLC. Also play fine in the Windows movie player collection board, but as soon as I move clips down to my storyboard, I get audio but no video
I am using Window 7 Premium 64bit, with NVIDIA 760 GTX graphics and Windows movie maker version 2.1.4026.0..
A little more detail on what I am attempting with Windows movie maker.. I am recording in game videos in IL2 Cliffs of Dover and trying to make movies with the Windows movie maker, but having the issue above. The files I am downloading are in AVI format, not sure if that is the problem or not? That is why I'm here asking you fine folks..
If anybody is familiar with this same issue and has a fix for it, I would greatly appreciate your info....

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
If you have it "uploaded" to movie maker and you play the video does it only play the audio? What happens if you save the movie from movie maker as a different video format and then try to open it in movie maker?

Bigj73nsb

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014

Apparently Windows Movie maker doesn't like the codec its was downloaded in, Which I'm not sure what kind of codec it was downloaded in. I used MSI Afterburner for recording, so whatever codec it uses. I downloaded Freemake Video converter and in the process of converting to WMV now which it seems that it will take a while converting, since the recordings are like a gig per minute lol. I'll keep posted results after done