Windows Phone 7 Coming October 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

volt-aire

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
hopefully this grab for Apple's (and google's and Blackberry's, in this case) market will go better than the Zune...

Saljen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
You guys are reading this wrong. AT&T called themselves the "premier" carrier, this doesn't mean they have exclusivity on WP7, it's a poor marketing ploy that your falling into. WP7 will be available on all carriers.

adaman2576

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
My friend is a software developer and he has a windows 7 phone already to test it out. Its just a random LG phone with the windows 7 operating system on it for now while they finalize hardware. He told me the thing is super easy to develop for and has a great UI. After messing around with his phone I think I might get one when they come out. Depending on the carrier of course. I told him to not lose it at a bar before the official launch. lol

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Just because 7/11 was too gay of a day.[/citation]

why, is that your birthday? Zing!

But in reality, Why AT&T! have these companies not learned by example with AT&T yet? Hell, might as well go with time warner...

MasterM40

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
as someone else mentioned here, i think that whole"premier" talk is coming from at&pee, windows has had devices out with every carrier since forever I doubt they changed that just because a new os is coming out!

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Isn't google limiting Android customization with 3.0? No more things like Sense UI, just the Google Experience (which they promise to make better). Personally, even LGs Android interface is better than the Google Experience on my G1.

I'm not really sure what to think of Windows Phone 7. It doesn't really have any existing market to stand on (its not compatible with Windows Mobile 6). Microsoft is basically trying to barge its way into the smartphone market. It might be very successful because it has multiple manufacturers on its side (Palm made 2 phones, no wonder no one adopted WebOS). On the other hand, its just another competitor from a company most people don't trust, trying to compete against Google (which has too much momentum) and Apple (which has proven to be strong in the "things that fit in pockets" market). RIM is out of the picture, everyone will keep eating at their market share until they settle into the secure/business market.

Slightly off topic, lot's reports claim that, globally, Nokia leads the "smartphone" market with Symbian OS. Does anyone have a Nokia "smartphone", what are those like?

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]rmmil978[/nom]Oh great, another new platform strangled to death by a crappy carrier.[/citation]
Only in the US, it's a big world out there are you aren't even the biggest market.

G

I saw an LG demo device with one developer..its pretty cool .. UI is really good.. Finally something with a WOW effect after iPhone.

It has Zune, Office , Bing Maps, XBox.Though i didnt see many applications in market place, but my friend who is a developer is excited about this, he says its very easy to develop applications and its fun. He says i will be having more applications when I buy.

Waiting for it to come. Kudos to those behind this phone !

Status
Not open for further replies.