Windows Update Freeze on new asus laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryankduffy

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
I have recently purchases a new ASUS ZX533 Gaming laptop and it arrived yesterday. Excited to get going with it I immediately set out to download google chrome and the appropriate anti-virus software, however I noticed it was running incredibly slowly. A quick glance at task manager showed me that the disk was at 100%, baffled i looked around for the problem and found that it was likely being caused by a windows update.

After my third attempt at completing this windows 10 update, which takes 5 hours to download and then gets stuck 2 hours into the update after restarting (at between 9-11%), I'm at a complete loss of what to do. I've tried seemingly all the online fixes for the issue and none have worked. There is no systems restore point I can go back to, I haven't been able to delete the update files to start over and nothing seems to be working.

Is there any advice anyone can give me on what to do, even if it's worst case scenario as I have absolutely no idea?

Thanks

Solution
That's a shame. Definitely try running updates when you first get the system back up and running. You may even want to download the latest Windows build and install it from scratch, instead of letting the updater do its thing (but do not format the recovery partition if you go that route).

ryankduffy

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017

It has HDD, yes after it froze during a factory reset I’ve been advised that a new one needs to be sent out and that it was likely a hardware issue. Frustrating.

That's a shame. Definitely try running updates when you first get the system back up and running. You may even want to download the latest Windows build and install it from scratch, instead of letting the updater do its thing (but do not format the recovery partition if you go that route).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.