Question Windows won't load after a power surge

Jun 3, 2021
My laptop was still connected to the power source when a power surge occur during lightning storm. I tried to turn it on. On the first time, the windows are able to load. It was lagging though and freeze 2-5 minutes after it was turned on. The second time and after, window would not load and I am stuck at the logo with "preparing automatic repair". I have tried recommended steps from YouTube and websites, but there is no progress. But, I have noticed that when I turned it on there are no sound from the fan and the start up sound. Does that mean that the motherboard or the CPU is damaged?

Jun 4, 2021
Hello. The processor is unlikely, then it would not turn on at all. But the motherboard or video card (since it is possible that there is no automatic connection via the integrated video card) is quite possible. It is necessary to open and look, there are many variants of the problem. It is possible that the power supply unit can be damaged and does not produce enough voltage for the operation of all iron processes, so you need to open it and see if there are any fuses, and was there a burning smell when the incident occurred?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 8
C Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 2
O Laptop Tech Support 3