Wireless 7.1 Headset Xbox 360/PC

xERYx

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Hi

I am looking for a good headset that is PC and Xbox compatible. It should definitely be 7.1 for PC since I play Battlefield 3 and listen to music on PC, but I understand that Xbox only goes up to 5.1 and that should be good enough for CoD. I would prefer if it were wireless for Xbox and PC, but if it is not possible for both to be wireless at least Xbox should. So basically I want something like Turtle Beach x41s but with PC 7.1 compatibility as well. (I can't TOSLink a x41s cause my Laptop has no Optical receiver/plug.) I was also looking into Tritton AX and 720s, but it says they are Europe PC compatible only.
Price should be around $150.00 max $180.00

Thanks

Solution
Triton AX Pro one of the few real 5.1 Xbox and PC headsets and should be the best all around headset for that price
x41 you will need and optical adapter to get 5.1 on your PC
none are completely wireless except x41 but only while your on your xbox.
many headphones advertise 5.1/7.1 but have only 2 speakers
also on headsets there is no difference between 5.1/7.1 headsets
real surround headphones have not truly come to far so i would recommend settling for for some high quality
stereo headphones because quality is worth allot more than surround.

smokeydude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Triton AX Pro one of the few real 5.1 Xbox and PC headsets and should be the best all around headset for that price
x41 you will need and optical adapter to get 5.1 on your PC
none are completely wireless except x41 but only while your on your xbox.
many headphones advertise 5.1/7.1 but have only 2 speakers
also on headsets there is no difference between 5.1/7.1 headsets
real surround headphones have not truly come to far so i would recommend settling for for some high quality
stereo headphones because quality is worth allot more than surround.

Solution