Wireless adapter resets itself when trying to connect.

thenate

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
So I'm having a really weird problem. Up until yesterday my wireless adapter had been working more or less perfectly, but now I can no longer connect anywhere but right next to the router despite other devices having no issue.

What's weird is that my laptop picks up the signal just fine, but when I try and connect it gives me a "cannot connect to network" error. When I'm looking at the device in device manager when trying to connect, I can see it being disabled and then enabled when I try to connect to a network that's farther away, something that I've never seen happen before and is causing me no end of trouble (I could previously connect with no issues, and other devices in the same area still connect).

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter several times, as well as updating drivers. I've scanned my computer for viruses and haven't gotten anything. I've updated Windows with all current updates. Would really appreciate if anyone has an idea how to fix this, I'm completely lost on what to do.

Relevant info:
Acer Aspire V5-552G-8632
Windows 8.1
Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter

thenate

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012

I've tried both of those several times with no luck.