Wireless Gaming/Music HeadPhones for around $200

licwid

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
I currently use a set of Sennheiser HD 212 Pro headphones for my music and gaming. However, the long cable is becoming cumbersome as I move about and I was wanting an equivalent wireless headset. The sound profile does not have to be exactly the same, but I would prefer a balanced headset that has neither overpowered nor weak bass response.

Given that I bought my 212's used for $40 from a colleague, I'm hoping to keep the wireless budget below $200. I don't do competitive gaming, so I can't justify spending much more than that. I have heard horror stories of charging batteries, and constant connection issues, so I'm hoping you guys know of some great sounding headphones that don't have any major issues.

Note: I am not really interested in a Headset with a mic/boom unless it's an absolutely great deal for the price/quality.

Thanks!

Edit:
How about the Sennheiser RS170 headphones?

Solution
The sennheiser rs 180 is exactly 200 new from amazon, unless you want to go with the amazon warehouse for ~160. reviews say about 18 hours of battery life. Here is a link to some user discussion about them http://www.head-fi.org/t/443740/sennheiser-rs160-170-180-anyone/330.

theLeggo

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
The sennheiser rs 180 is exactly 200 new from amazon, unless you want to go with the amazon warehouse for ~160. reviews say about 18 hours of battery life. Here is a link to some user discussion about them http://www.head-fi.org/t/443740/sennheiser-rs160-170-180-anyone/330.

Solution

licwid

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011

These look nice. After reasearching the difference between these and the 170 i learned more about open/closed design. Given my usage, the closed design will be better (in an open loft) to insulate the sounds and block out the TV if it is on.

I was looking at the Turtle Beach headphones mentioned by Vembutech, but I can't really find any good reviews on them :/.