wireless home theater?

kallenin

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2002
Hey all,

Are there any good wireless home theater systems? How much more should I expect to pay for a wireless system of the same quality as a wired system? My target is low-end systems, i.e. < $500. I guess there's also the question of how a wireless home theater system would compare to the Logitech Z-5450...ANY help you guys could have on wireless sound systems would be of great help.

-Kallenin

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
I don't know about pricing but, If its cheap stuff I think the wireless part would up the price too much, what I think you should get is wired or 5.1 headphones. like IO magics sound assult. I think im getting the sound assult but I wanted to use coax or fibre optice and i dont think it has that. If you dont have a 5.1 sound card there are a lot of headphones that have there own encoders that you just plug into the usb port. but of of this is on the asumption its for a computer. cuz who would want a little bitch ass system for a tv? and remember bigger is almost always better with speakers

Oldguy

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
I have been looking for over a year for a GOOD wireless home theater sound system. All seem to have issues with sound quality and/or interference and/or connectivity with multiple devices and/or being butt ugly with bad sound. Panasonic, Kenwood and Sony are all playing, but nobody seems to get it right. Could be the technology just is not mature enough yet. It appears the the least objectionable options today are the virtual surround sound systems which can be decent if everything is positioned correctly and they do confine the wiring to the areas immediately around your video components, tv and tuner. Good luck to both of us.

kallenin

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2002
It seems to me that the problem is that if you truly want a wireless signal, it must also be powered over wireless. Even if you have power, though, wireless also means each speaker needs its own decoder for whatever encoding you are using.

-Kallenin