Wireless Light stays on while laptop is off

Jul 23, 2018
My Acer Aspire V3 has had this problem when I left it overnight while it’s plugged. The fan was in full blast when I turned it off and the wireless light stayed orange even when the unit is off. So whenever I put the battery back to the laptop or directly plug it through the charger, the fan will automatically turn on in full blast even though the laptop is still off. If I turn the laptop off, the wireless light will stay on.

Anybody knows how to fix this? My laptop has no other problems since this one.

Solution
That is really odd. It almost sounds like it is turning on when the charger is plugged in. Which, again, it should not do.

Personally, I would say this is going to involve some internal checking (hardware) rather than software. If it the laptop is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, I would try a local tech.
They can't be turning on if the laptop is off. It sounds like it is not actually turning off. The display may be, but not the laptop itself.

How are you turning it off exactly? And are you actually shutting it down, no power, or putting it to sleep or hibernate?

Jul 23, 2018

I turn it off like usual and I don't put it to sleep or hibernate. The wireless light indicator also stays orange all the time. When I turn the pc off, all the lights are off except for it.

Also, if I put the battery back or plug the laptop straight from the charger without the battery, the fan turns on automatically without me pushing the power button. If I turn it on, the fan works normally.

Both of these are my problems. I honestly do not know how this happened.

That is really odd. It almost sounds like it is turning on when the charger is plugged in. Which, again, it should not do.

Personally, I would say this is going to involve some internal checking (hardware) rather than software. If it the laptop is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, I would try a local tech.

Solution