wireless speakers with projector + turntable

jmf123

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
We are looking to change our AV setup to get rid of speaker wires running across our floor. Currently, we have an appleTV, a digital antenna, and a turntable plugged into an old AV receiver, which then connects to speakers in the front of the room. Moving all of that stuff to the front of the room isn't an option, because we need the appleTV and the digital antenna to connect to the projector in the back of the room. I have searched for a replacement receiver and speakers that would give us what we want, but there doesn't seem to be any easy solution? We don't need surround sound, stereo sound is fine for us. Any recommendations for how to get sound to the front of the room while leaving everything else in the back?

Solution
Not sure what a "digital antenna" is but I will assume it's an ATSC over the air TV tuner with antenna
My suggestion is
1. Move the turntable and AV receiver to the front of the room.
2. If the projector has an audio output connect a wireless audio transmitter to it (could be bluetooth).
If the projector doesn't then get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction, connect it to your sources and
to the projector with HDMI. Connect a wireless audio transmitter to the audio out of the switcher. You can
eliminate one of the two HDMI cables going to the projector now.
3. Connect a wireless audio receiver to an unused analog input on the receiver
This way you eliminate the wires and don't have to replace any equipment at all...
Not sure what a "digital antenna" is but I will assume it's an ATSC over the air TV tuner with antenna
My suggestion is
1. Move the turntable and AV receiver to the front of the room.
2. If the projector has an audio output connect a wireless audio transmitter to it (could be bluetooth).
If the projector doesn't then get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction, connect it to your sources and
to the projector with HDMI. Connect a wireless audio transmitter to the audio out of the switcher. You can
eliminate one of the two HDMI cables going to the projector now.
3. Connect a wireless audio receiver to an unused analog input on the receiver
This way you eliminate the wires and don't have to replace any equipment at all. You want a low latency AptX set up if you go bluetooth. There are other non bluetooth wireless audio set ups out there too.

Solution