Wiring needed to connect Left and Right Speaker terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomrdr

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015
I am hearing impaired and want to connect my Wireless Headphones that has a 3.5mm digital input female connector to my Martinez NR1603 Zone 2 speaker connections (+ & - Connections for both L & R Speaker Connections). Therefore I have four wires to connect to one 3.5mm male plug. Anyone with any advice would be appreciated. Sorry I will need the details as my knowledge is limited.

no mate ,assuming you mean the wireless transmitter for the headphones?? you cant link this to a speaker output - itll blow the transmitter in a millisecond!!!

I have a bit of experience with the hard of heraing & totally deaf community,Im assuming that your family members still want to enjoy sound from the connected main speakers while you use headphones at the same time??

Tomrdr

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015

Thank you Sir for that recommendation. Initially it worked albeit the volume was not louder than the external speakers from the Receiver. I tried playing around with the Receiver's setup menu and finally succeeded in losing the signal from from the preamp locations. Don't know what I did but based on what my son told me I probably need another Amp to drive the transmitter of the Sennheiser headphones. Would you agree?

Tomrdr

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015

Yes Sir it is a Martinez NR1603. It has a set of Surround Back Assignable connections for L & R. The headphones are Sennheiser RS180. Hope this helps.

Tomrdr

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015

Yes Sir you are correct in assuming that my family members still want to enjoy sound from the connected main speakers while you use headphones at the same time. Since I cannot connect to the speaker terminals, any suggestions what would be the best option?

kanewolf

Judicious

I still can't find any information on a Martinez NR1603 ... But if the back of you receiver looks like this
c26-NR1603-3-l.jpg
you would want to use the "pre out" with a cable like this
18202175-1.jpg

That type of connectivity is shown on PDF page 15 of the manual -- http://en-us.sennheiser.com/global-downloads/file/959/RS180_US_INT.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.