Solved! Wisky spilt on laptop acer Emachines HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_70

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Hey there my cousins friend spilt wisky on my laptop keys and it caused the keys to stop functioning and eventually preventing startup. I removed it from the power n removed the betry. Too. The content of wiisky was only the amout of the bottle top. What to do? Keyboard not functioning?

Solution
If it does not start at all, your motherboard is probably fried, especially if you turned it on before things had a chance to dry up for a day or two. If it's a new laptop, maybe worth to try to fix. If it's not, get a new one. Not worth spending a couple of hundred dollars to fix a older laptop that will be out of warranty anyway after the fix.

jsmakkar

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Really unfortunate that laptop keboard got liquid damaged.
I would suggest taking your laptop to a repair shop so they could open the keypad and try to remove the moisture or replace the key pad. They would actually be able to find out the extent of damage.

If it does not start at all, your motherboard is probably fried, especially if you turned it on before things had a chance to dry up for a day or two. If it's a new laptop, maybe worth to try to fix. If it's not, get a new one. Not worth spending a couple of hundred dollars to fix a older laptop that will be out of warranty anyway after the fix.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS