Witch laptop should i choose?

Aiwarioxs

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015
Hi, i don't really know much about laptops, hyperthreading, and everything else :D, so i need help, witch laptop should i choose?,
ASUS R510JX 1366 x 768 i7-4720HQ 8 GB ram NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M 2048 MB or
LENOVO IdeaPad Y50-70 1920 x 1080 i5-4210H 8GB ram NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M 4096 MB.
The price in one of the shops in my country is the same for both laptops.
I need PC mostly for work where i multitask a lot and my old computer could not handle it, but i will play in my free time demanding games like new batman. Will i feel the difference between I7 and I5 in gaming and regular work?. Should i choose much better I7, or FHD monitor and better nvidia card?.

Illumynization

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
The i5 with the gtx 960M will look much better while gaming and doing everyday tasks. For the most part the i5 will not be an issue; even though it is a dual core cpu it does have 4 threads giving it an effective 4 core processing capability.

The GTX 950M can run those types of games on the lower resolution screen but not on a 1080p screen. While you may get the same fps or slightly higher with the 950M, the quality will be much lower because of the screen resolution of 1366x768.

I recommend the i5 with the GTX 960M.

Sleetz

Estimable
Mar 8, 2014
For gaming I would recommend a desktop computer.

The i7 is much faster for multi-threading software (regular work) and adequate for gaming.

The i5 on the other hand is almost able to reach the i7's max core speed with overclocking (i7 -- 3.6GHz - i5 -- 3.5GHz both overclocked)
but might not be as efficient in regular work as the i7 has a quad core with 8 threads.

I personally would chose the second build for the better price, better graphics card, and decent processor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop General Discussion 0
rorebbel Laptop General Discussion 0
tobitgo Laptop General Discussion 0
Toshiro13 Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 4
D Laptop General Discussion 0
Bharath Prasad Laptop General Discussion 1
E Laptop General Discussion 2
Hawarr1 Laptop General Discussion 0
H Laptop General Discussion 0
S Laptop General Discussion 1