witcher 3 - discussion/guessing the settings

uthvag

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
hey

i have a y50 with an 860m

i have been hyped up for witcher 3 ( great fan of witcher series,incl. books)
and was guessing what setting i would run it at

looking at the official req i would be below the min settings but if this were like most other games (DA:I and AC:unity) i could maybe high-med it at 30

any thoughts?

if anyone has tested/played the game any info would be helpful

NOTE-

MINIMUM fps for some games (aa- fxaa,1080p)

AC unity - 21 fps @high

DA:I - 32 FPS - high(max post process aa)

Crysis3-high/very high - 32FPS

"but if this were like most other games (DA:I and AC:unity) i could maybe high-med it at 30" that would be my guess as well (considering CDPR is taking their time optimizing the game). keep in mind this is all speculation at this point as the game hasn't been released yet. but seems like a well educated guess nonetheless :)

regards

uthvag

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

yeah it is purely speculation.

But look a witcher 2 i get 50 on ultra without uber , and the game was released in 2011.

they certainly have high standards. ( but 2 wasnot that well optimized , so with these optimizations i am expecting more from 3)

uthvag

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014

As i suspected , it says my gpu cant handle it

the thing is i can high AC unity with latest driver at an avg of almost 27 FPS which is playable by my standards

the thing which worries me the most is that ubisoft , bioware have just increased the min and recommended req ,just to sell the cards and as far as i know CD projekt red isnt such a company( But the PR and badowski is known to say some nonsense , the latest one being that the 770 runs it at med high at 30 while the ps4 runs it at the same settings )

oh well. but if you know someone who has played the beta just make sure you ask them how the game was