Withings Steel HR Review: Best-Looking Fitness Tracker Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieter_29

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
You can see that battery life on the screen of the watch It's listed under "screen customization" in the app.

mprospero

Senior Editor
Oct 4, 2013
Thanks for pointing that out! I'll amend the review.

Jade_10

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
Ok, I REALLY want the Withings Steel HR, but I like to go running every day and I am confused on how the Steel HR works with that. Can I press something that starts my run, and it tells me how far I have ran and the time I have ran it in?
Thank you so much for your help

mprospero

Senior Editor
Oct 4, 2013

Hi Jade - The Steel HR has automatic activity tracking, so when you start running, it will know and keep track accordingly. You need to press the button, though, to track heart rate during the run.
However, if you do a lot of running, I would suggest a bona fide GPS watch, as it's much more accurate when measuring your distance. The Steel HR only uses an accelerometer, and it's not nearly as accurate. Here's our favorite GPS watches: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-gps-watches,review-2638.html

Jade_10

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
When I am on a run will it alert me once I have reached a mile and give me a time? Or is that only available to view on my smartphone.

On my Garmin I press start, and it will act as a stopwatch as well as tell me distance ran.

Sorry, I am new to activity trackers, but like the looks of the Steel HR

Status
Not open for further replies.