Wolverine Pirate Calls Charges ''Ridiculous''

Status
Not open for further replies.

accolite

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I sympathize with the guy, he has a point. He did not make any money off of it so they can't do chit. If they go after him, they better go after every one else that saw it.

ekidhardt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2006
why do boneheads share? Only sharers get in trouble. Be a taker, not a sharer. Use your heads. On the same token, I thank you sharers for getting yourself into trouble for me. :)

Let the guy go. Don't ruin his life for a stupid upload.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]shamgar[/nom]guess he should have just played crysis insead. but can he crysis!?!?!?!?[/citation]

...really?

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
@shamgar Crysis jokes will live on no matter what the haters say. This one however was a bit of a stretch... Maybe break up the monotony with: "Will it blend?" or anything "I can has..." related. :D

On topic: Is Sanchez lying? Was he at all involved in the Wolverine film? (How else could he have gotten a copy?) Why do I doubt the existence of "Korean Guy" and the alleged $5 transaction?

velozzity

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
In a way i think the RIAA and MPAA have gotten out of hand with the lawsuits, but it very obvious that this guy is into pirating all types of goods based on the fact that he's into music and megaupload.com, those 2 together means he probably more than guilty or alot more charges. If they dig into it deeper they will probably find he has like 1000's of songs also on the net for distributions illegally.

Per the comment on that he had to be involved in the film to have access to it pre release, that is nonsense. My ex brother in law is into buying these cheap pre release dvd's and its surprising whats out there if you look for it. Movie producers ultimately are to blame for hiring people who leak it to begin with, so maybe the movie industry needs to take some accountability into their own hands and find just who are the dicks allowing this to happen in the first place, without a insider leaking them, there would not be a pre release copy in circulation.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
He got in a lot of trouble because he PROVIDED the upload/download. If you are just the downloader/whatcher they don't care as much about you. I want to get the dealer not the addict.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]accolite[/nom]I sympathize with the guy, he has a point. He did not make any money off of it so they can't do chit. [/citation]
So it's wrong to steal money but it's okay to burn money? Because, hey, he didn't make any money out of it!

The punition is harsh, but the law is indeed the law. I don't care much when I see the FBI warning at the beginning of a movie, but it does say fines can reach $250 000. My guess is they want to make an example out of him to scare the others into doing the same thing.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
sympathize? why? he's an idiot.
Bought the game for five bucks = good
Upload to public site = what the fuck were you thinking?

Go to jail, do not collect $2000.
In the jail you shall remain until a player rolls a 6 or 12.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
The ironic part is the movie made more money because of being leaked than it would have otherwise due to the huge amounts of publicity it created at the time.

shamgar

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
[citation][nom]BadTrip[/nom]The crysis comments are getting really old.[/citation]
HAHHAHAHA CRYSIS JOAKES WILL BE TOALD 4EVARRRRRRRRR!!!!! BUT CAN ______ CRYSIS/!!?!??! HHAHAHA

I DONT USE CAPS LOCK I HOLD SHIFT LYKE TEH REAL PROS DO

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Sorry but there is a valid excuse he could use, I'm not going to say it but his reasoning is pathetic. If you wanted to get away with a crime you have to be more creative and come out guns blazing unlike this guy who is probably pissing himself thinking of 3 years and a swollen buttocks. Who cares about the fine, thats what I would be concerned with.

What really makes me laugh is the MPAA/RIAA are idiots and purposely go after the easy guy who really has nothing to do with stopping piracy just to prove a point to the public. Its a scare tactic. Attack the weak and make the strong look like assholes. In this case "The Scene" is strong like a Rhino and you average pirates are the weak taking the blame. They know this guy has nothing to do with its spread because I know for a fact he wasn't the original person that leaked it. I actually hope he gets a harsh penalty only for the simple fact it will make the Anti-Piracy Gestapo look like the bastards they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.