Woman Arrested for Not Returning Overdue DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]mianmian[/nom]Why the library allow her to borrow that many DVDs?[/citation]

Yeah normally there's a limit as to how many books you can check out. I'd imagine they'd have a limit on DVDs too. And if you already have late materials, I can't imagine they'd let you rent more.

This sounds like a situation where the library is partially at fault for their own victimization. Not to say the lady is not at fault, obviously she's failed to return someone else's property. But still, 53 DVDs?!

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]pepperman[/nom]^Agreed to that, but also; since when do dvds cost $25 each?[/citation]

If they are Blu-Ray or Disney movies they cost at least that much.

SininStyle

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
wonder if she got them all at once. trying to picture some lady with a stack as tall as she is and dropping them onto the counter. ok ill take these, yup thanks.

G

I wonder how many of those titles are now in the $5.00 bin by now in Walmart and other stores?

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ravewulf[/nom]She shouldn't have been allowed to take out that many at a time in the first place![/citation]
Yeah, if they had taken here to Judge Judy's court she would have called the library stupid and asked them why they let the lady keep renting DVDs when she never returned the first 52. It would go something like this:
"What about September? Did she return the DVD's in September? What about October? And November? You know what I think library? I think you wanted a relationship with this woman so you kept loaning her DVDs in hopes that the relationship would grow. I don't think you ever intended on her returning these dv's and I can't reward you for your stupidity library. Case is dismissed. NEXT!!!! "

yrmoma

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]pepperman[/nom]^Agreed to that, but also; since when do dvds cost $25 each?[/citation]

About the same time downloading 10 songs constitutes millions of dollars in damages. It's all a load of bull.

enzo matrix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
When they are brand new and you buy them without looking around for good prices =)

johntram

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
so.. you're going to watch all them movies before the due date and have time for things... like living.??? come on..enough bull from people who can't even read one book.. let alone try renting dvds and think that the library is a blockbuster. they should be arrested for being stupid

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]ravewulf[/nom]She shouldn't have been allowed to take out that many at a time in the first place![/citation]

[citation][nom]mianmian[/nom]Why the library allow her to borrow that many DVDs?[/citation]

haha !...Maybe the library limits were 55 DVDs at a time. She was just trying to set a record, but failed.

OTOH, the library should not let her take that big chunk of DVDs. Maybe she has a pretty face and the guy at the register just lets her walk out with them.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

If they were educational DVDs, which coming from a library I'd assume they are, they can get rather expensive.

groveborn

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
This doesn't sound like a legal case, it sounds like a civil case. Why would not returning borrowed good be considered theft and not breach of contract?

G

$25/each is what the library would make from each DVD in rental fee's in it's life time. My local charges .50 each movie and I know of others that charge 1.00 each, so they are going easy on her. But she must have had a few accounts to get that many DVD's out.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
$25 is pretty cheap for documentary DVDs. I know library's have non-educational DVDs with the educational so a box set of say WWII documentaries could easily cover 25 discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.