Woman Found 43 Times on Google Street View

Status
Not open for further replies.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
o_O

Now that is what I call invasion of privacy, they could have easily retaken the same rout after she had gone and no one else was in view.

Google = Big Brother

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Guess privacy is out the door now, eh?
Apparently only if you go outdoors while there's some car with a big old gigantic camera mounted high atop it creeping through your neighborhood, then proceed to walk beside it while ignoring the police car following it...

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]o_ONow that is what I call invasion of privacy, they could have easily retaken the same rout after she had gone and no one else was in view. Google = Big Brother[/citation]Yeah, because she's so important to keep tabs on to make sure she's walking her dog properly. Google = Power Trip = What Money Will Do To You = Reality Check = I Am The Guy Driving The Google Maps Car = I Am Awesome = Must I go on?

G

And.. who gives a crap? "In tomorrow's news, some guy in nevada has picture taken 76 times (and in one he is scratching his butt)."

enzo matrix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Article[/nom]Naturally Google performed its privacy duties by blurring out her face, however now she's been exposed to the world thanks to The Sun.

"When Terry showed me I couldn't believe it," she told The Sun in regards to the total count of pictures. "I didn't know what it was doing. It was just driving round very, very slowly."[/citation]
Sounds like she exposed herself... since she brought it to the attention of The Sun... And her husband was the one who pointed it out in the first place...

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
There is no privacy in public.

You are vidoetaped while banking, shopping, driving, doing laundry, at work, etc. Want to e private, stay home.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Yet you decided to keep walking with a white van with massive cameras mounted on the top?
Honestly I don't think this is that big of a deal, I'd be pretty impressed if they felt I was important enough to be on Google Street View 43 times.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
That might be impressive if it wasn't 43 consecutive shots (or even in the same neighborhood).

It would be impressive if it had taken her mug in 43 different countries and someone found them all.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]rdawise[/nom]There is no privacy in public.You are vidoetaped while banking, shopping, driving, doing laundry, at work, etc. Want to e private, stay home.[/citation]

That doesn't mean there shouldn't be. :p

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Jonnydough[/nom]That doesn't mean there shouldn't be.[/citation]

What "should be" and what "is" are two seperate concepts.

But let's take your arguement. Now there is a right to privacy in public. You can no longer be videotapped anywhere. So when you get robbed in a bank, street, store, etc (I hope this doesn't happen, just an example) don't worry about to criminal's privacy. You have given the criminal a right to privacy so there are no tapes to review. Good luck catching them with eye witnesses.

Now, I do believe in privacy(whole-heartily) and wholly adovacate for more. But I also understand that there is no privacy in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.