Woman Sues Google for Bad Directions, Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Stupid lady. Isn't there a disclaimer on the site saying "only use this if you are not a retard" -- sorry, it says
"
These directions are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather, or other events may cause conditions to differ from the map results, and you should plan your route accordingly. You must obey all signs or notices regarding your route.
"

loneninja

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]buddhav1[/nom]do people get stupider every day?[/citation]
You shouldn't even need to ask, the answer is yes. lol

G

My faith would be restored in the courts if they threw out the case and instead fined her for jaywalking.

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
It is so sad that some people are so stupid... Also unfortunate that in USA, people tend to sue for anything just to get a buck...

Word of advice, if you are on vacation somewhere in the states and someone falls off his bicycle not too far, don't help him, you might get sued for causing his fall.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]They should sue her for wasting time.[/citation]
they should sue her for being too stupid, and remove her driving license since it`s clear that she can`t user her brain.

unlicensedhitman

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Walking through the highway is like jumping off a cliff. All I have to say is "LMFAO" then try to sue someone because she made the choice to walk through it and get hit by a car.

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
On a side note i saw a woman jogging onto the off ramp of Route 128 yesterday. Wearing her jogging gear and listening to music on her iPod. I thought she was crazy as cars coming down the off ram are going between 35-50. She didnt even jog on the grass.. When i started reading this article I thought it was her

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Ciuy[/nom]Only in the USA ............... number 1 dumbest country on this planet.[/citation]

That was uncalled for, you troll.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Give me a break!! What else is there to say. To Ciuy comment, above, you are dumb!! Countres are not dumb, people are. They are everywhere not just in the USA!!

twbg4cq

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Even though this women doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, I still admit I feel bad she got hurt. But a point I'd like to make.

In the article it says:
The drawback to this case is that the warning doesn't appear on the mobile version of Google Maps (in this case her BlackBerry smartphone), only on the PC

If the word "BlackBerry" were replaced with the word "iPhone" I bet you all would be bashing her a lot more than you already are. Just saying...

jojesa

Distinguished
If that's how things go we should have sued Garmin, TomTom, Magellan, etc.
I lost count about the times I was sent either to the wrong street, city or neighborhood while using a GPS.

G

I think we need to add more chlorine to the gene pool. Thanks Google for your part... better luck next time.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
what if, while using google maps (mobile), a bird flew into her face and left a permanent scar or perhaps while walking through the park, while using google maps, a coyote ran out and bit her, would she still try to sue? Probably so...

The people of California need to sue her for being retarded, her parents for reproducing, any school she went to for being a school, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.