Woman Tracks Down Club Attacker on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]ecnovaec[/nom]It had better have been an empty glass! Club beer is expensive![/citation]

No excuse for alcohol abuse. Like you said club beer is expensive. So kids if your ever at a club and want to a bottle or glass to someone's face. Please finish the drink first:)

08nwsula

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
it was an "unprovoked" attack? Yea right. If someone you don't know blindsides you with a glass to the face, you're not going to be able to recognize them from facebook pictures.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]blarmy[/nom]Well done! and Holliman should be locked up for a month at least[/citation]
It says in the article that all she got was some community work hours.

kavic

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
To tester24 wrong use for the word Irony, Irony is used when someone wants to convey something totally opposite of that they really would like to say. For example someone not wanting to work on the weekend and having to work on the weekend would be Ironic.

and to 08nwsula some people can pick people out of a large group of people when they really don't know the person or have seen the person, but as the article says she noticed the woman glaring at her all night so I would assume that she was looking at the person and if it was me I would remember what someone looked liked if they where glaring at me for extended periods of time.

Now the girl should have gotten more than community service at least a month in jail or have to go to a therapist as that girl has to have some issues if she attacks people for no reason.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
If she was in someones friends of friends network, it's almost certain they share some distant friendships, which may say that Holliman is jealous of some kind of relationship the other was holding? It would explain an unprovoked attack like that.

precariousgray

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
[citation][nom]article[/nom]Facebook is one of the most convenient ways for people to stalk each other without the other party's knowledge of such activity. [/citation]
I thought you had to friend someone to view any information. Has this changed? I have some people I need to e-stalk.

...I mean, no, no I don't. Away with you, officer! Nothing to see here, move along!

itrendslave

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
[citation][nom]kavic[/nom]To tester24 wrong use for the word Irony, Irony is used when someone wants to convey something totally opposite of that they really would like to say. For example someone not wanting to work on the weekend and having to work on the weekend would be Ironic.[/citation]
+2 to internet/English awesomeness! Get a life...

This girl should have definitely gotten more punishment than just some community service. Attacking someone, regardless of provocation, is a serious thing. It could have resulted in a more serious injury.
Ha, this girl gets 120 hours of community service for PHYSICALLY attacking someone, and that kid who did a DDoS attack against the Church of Scientology got 1 year in prison. Somehow, something seems wrong...

G

The only thing that explains this attack it simply alcohol.
Alcohol has as a chief side effect increased violent tendencies.
too bad Holliman wasn't smoking some weed the assault might have been a hug.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Do it the classy way. Hit with a sampaign bottle in the face.

Seriously though. Good for her traching that bi**h down.120 hours is really nothing eitherway.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]kavic[/nom]To tester24 wrong use for the word Irony, Irony is used when someone wants to convey something totally opposite of that they really would like to say. For example someone not wanting to work on the weekend and having to work on the weekend would be Ironic.[/citation]

So do you have a better word to describe it? Sure, you went on dictionary.com, and even used half of the example they use. But if that's not ironic, what is it? A clever coincidence? Maybe I'm not an english major, but the point is that I am PRETTY SURE everyone else understood what the dude was conveying when he said listening to smashmouth would be ironic. I guess you get a +1 for missing his point completely/and or trying to be an internet smart ass.

G

The article highlights the use of public space to track someone down, she was right, ig you have ever heard that you know everyone in the world by a 6th person in your circle of friends including Osama Bim Ladan I guess, laughing, stupid moron got caught, not much of a sentance, but better than nothing, she should get a wiskey bottle and return the favour. Please use a mask, camera everywhere, and tell her I said hello, laughing. stiches required, 120 hours community service for you to, you can start now.

Status
Not open for further replies.