Women, Hispanics, African Americans Use the Most Cell Phone Minutes, Says Nielse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fetal

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah they aren't as sexy as Americana girls, so they need to talk their way in. Well at least they are clever in that way.

G

Wait, women + Hispanics + African Americans use the most cell phone minutes. Than only leaves white males on the other side, no? The way the data is arranged in a confusing manner in my opinion.

G

The data is arranged in a confusing manner*

On top of that 60,000 people is not very many people compared to how many cell phone users there are.

cloudberry

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
[citation][nom]razorblaze42[/nom]This study is total BS. Its the same argument used to shows blacks and hispanics in as bad light for years. Per capita /yea right[/citation]

I don't see how this shows African Americans and Hispanics in a bad light, regardless of how accurate it may or may not be. Racism (and sexism) rears its ugly head anywhere because of its baseless nature. How often one uses his or her cell phone is not a source of hate -- the one doing the hating based on such information is.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
I'm an average American male teenager, and within 3 days on being on our SPrint Everything Data plan I sent 600 some texts... hehe. I'm not that high anymore though, I was just very happy about the unlimited texting for awhile xD

Shockingly, I find my cell phone use way under the above-mentioned stats. On average (ballpark), I probably use 250 odd some minutes and 400 texts a month. Then again, I'm a 25 YO guy who doesn't like to chit chat unless it's important.

lakelucid

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
I am not surprised about the first two- Women and Hispanics, spending the most minutes on a cell, but the last one surprised me, because I don't see many African Americans using a cell phone at my school, or even own one, though it could be because my school has less than 5% blacks.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]umm... just curious on what this 'study' is supposed to prove? that black women talk too much?this study is ******* retarded.[/citation]

They are just interesting facts. Settle down.

G

Hmm, possible bad judgment it seems this group of people portray. No wonder that empty suit in the white house targeted them.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
I have a supervisory position (more like "foreman" or "lead") in the Middle East with 8 people in 4 job sites. Between 4 other similar teams, higher headquarters and coordinating with the customer, I talk less than 2 hours a month on the cell phone. And I generate less than 50 texts a month. I do generate a fair amount of email, though.

Personally, I spend several hours a month chatting with family and friends in the States with my VOIP Vonage system.

I figure my communications patterns are fairly atypical because of my age and ex-pat working status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS